1. Braised Sea Cucumber with Scallions originates from the famous Shandong cuisine, which is rich with scallions and has unique flavors. After being introduced to Beijing, according to the local people’s tastes, the chefs made the dish with less sauce and starchy sauce, and they use less oil which makes this dish more fresh and mellow.
2. The dish served by Fengzeyuan restaurant in Beijing is the best. The sea cucumber is tasty, soft, smooth, tender, pure, fresh and delicious. Once they were served, there would be nothing left, not even sauce.
3. This dish is dark reddish brown and the sea cucumber is soft, smooth and tender as well as glossy, with intense fragrance of scallions.
1000g of sea cucumber, 105g of scallions, 15g of green garlic, 10g of liquid starch, 5g of chopped ginger, 700g of chicken soup, 27.5g of ginger juice, 50g of burnt onion oil, 2g of refined salt, 3.5g of MSG, 27.5g of white sugar, 150g of lard (about 75g will be used), 12.5g of soy sauce and 15g of Shaoxing wine.
1. Soak the little sea cucumbers in water and then clean them; put them in the boiler filled with cold water, boil them on high heat for 5 minutes and then fish them out. Drain the water, and then stew the sea cucumbers thoroughly with 300g of chicken soup; after that drain the chicken soup. Cut the scallions into 5cm segments (100g) and then dice another bit (5g); cut the green garlic into 3.3 cm segments.
2. Put the wok on high heat and pour the lard oil in; when the oil is 80% heated, put in the scallion segments, and fry them until they turn golden yellow. Take the wok out of the fire, and put the scallion segments in a bowl, then add in the chicken soup (100g), Shaoxing wine (5g), ginger juice (2.5g), soy sauce (2.5g), white sugar (2.5g) and MSG (1g). Then put them on a steamer tray and steam for 1 to 2 minutes, and take them out and drain the cooking liquor. Leave the scallion segments for later use.
3. Put the wok on high heat and pour the lard oil (25g) in; when the oil is 80% heated, put in the white sugar (25g) and fry it until it is golden yellow; then put in the chopped scallions, the chopped ginger and the sea cucumbers to stir fry for a moment. Immediately put in the Shaoxing wine (10g), the chicken soup (150g), the soy sauce (10g), the ginger juice (25g), the refined salt, the burnt onion oil (20g) and the MSG (2.5g). After it comes to a boil, roast them on gentle heat for 5 minutes and drain 2/3 of the cooking liquor and then fry them on high heat. Shake the wok while adding the dilute starch liquid to thicken the dish. Pour the starchy sauce on the sea cucumbers, and then dish up.
4. Put the wok on high heat, put in some burnt onion oil (30g). After it is heated, put in the scallion segments and the steamed scallion segments, then stir-fry them for a moment and scatter them on the sea cucumbers.